Sunday, April 10, 2011

John's First Formal Affair



























He went to a dance held at the Junior High. NOT with a date, I am happy to report. Just to have fun. He can start dating much, much later. He looked so handsome. Not really enjoying me taking his picture, though. It is fun to watch him spreading his wings a little and going off to have fun without us.
I can't believe he is almost 15. Just days away, really. What were you doing 15 years ago today?? I was hugely pregnant, trying to go into labor because I couldn't wait to see this precious boy who got the grave task of being our first born. It has to be a rough life to be the first born. They are such guinea pigs. I have to practice all my parenting skills on him first, then tweak them a little and apply them to Ethan and Emily. The pressure!!
He is at an age where we are really considering all that he will be as an adult. Talking about drivers ed, which I totally cannot wait for. He is 30 years old, really, when it comes to that kind of stuff. When he gets his driver's license, I will have a chauffeur. Looking forward to it! I hate driving. Talking about what he will study in college and which one he wants to go to. It's all very exciting!





1 comment:

Carol said...

look how handsome he is!!!
I know what you mean about all the talk....we've been having those same talks with Nathan. It is exciting and shocking all at the same time.