Monday, January 7, 2008

The Much Awaited Update




Thank you to all of our wonderful family who sent Christmas presents! Ethan bought a new game and new controller with his Christmas money, John bought a new pellet gun (I'll be boarding up all the windows tomorrow!), and Emily made a visit to the Build-A-Bear workshop! They are so happy! They say they can't remember a better Christmas. Me either! Christmas in my OWN house with ALL of my family under one roof! I couldn't ask for more.

And now for the update.....We are well. The kids are back in school. Emily is happy about that. Ethan wants us to believe that he is not happy about it. But he really is. John is not happy about it at all.
John left today to go to some school for the military. Home on Friday, but still, I'm sad. Feeling sorry for myself. AND, the primer that I got for the boys bathroom (supposed to be gray--Pewter Steel, to be exact) looks an awful lot like lavender. But don't tell them. They haven't noticed. So, we will have to regroup for the actual paint. Emily told me the funniest joke today.


How do you make a tissue dance? The answer........you put a little boogie in it! Is that so cute? I love second grade jokes!


I got a ticket last week. Two, actually. Both at the same time, though. I ran a stop sign. Which I did, but he said I BLEW through it. That is ridiculous. You could see for miles. I could see cars coming and if I stopped I would have to wait for those cars. If I just went, I could make it. And make it to work on time. So, I didn't stop. I coasted. Well, it was dark. So, my advice is.......if you are going to do that trick (and I'm sure you all have before) do it in the daylight. So, that is ticket number one. Ticket number two is that my driver's license was in John's wallet. He had to make a copy of it for something and I forgot to put it back in my wallet. Good for me! So, now I am a multiple offender. And, of course, that increases the fine! John was quite proud! My inspection is expired. If he had seen that, perhaps he would have just taken me to jail. I would love to get the car inspected, but I can't find the title. I'M A MESS!!

BUT, on the upside......my birthday is coming up!!! Ya'll don't forget. I am getting a new laptop. I cannot wait! It will be shipped to me on January 11th. Hippy Skippy!! And for those of you who want to know how old I will be, I'll be 29. I'm not afraid to say it.

OK...that's enough of me for tonight. More later......

1 comment:

Carol said...

You should go to jail, you bad girl! That is so stinkin' funny...sorry to say.

Yay for the laptop!!! I'm lovin' mine.

Love the paint color by the way.