Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin carving....







was not without its challenges. Sometimes those darn pumpkins just won't be carved the way we envision. Emily worked very hard to get her pumpkin just the way she wanted it. She carved and carved and, with a little help from Ethan, it turned out beautifully. When Emily was most frustrated with her pumpkin carving she drew a picture on the back of a dog that I just LoVe. And after Ethan helped her with her pumpkin she wrote a very lovely sentiment on her pumpkin that I'm sure she doesn't want anyone to see, but I had to have a picture of it. It just warms my heart when I can see them love each other. Ethan wanted to see Emily with her bonnet on this afternoon, so when she finally consented to put it on for him, he actually said "ahhh". Good times. Good times. Now it's John's turn to have a lovely moment. I'm gonna say.....don't hold your breath, he IS in the throes of puberty. He was not in the mood to carve tonight. Ethan was not in the mood to have his picture taken.
Emily's pumpkin is the cat. Ethan's pumpkin is the A&M thing. I actually dabbled with some paper mache pumpkins. It was really fun. Carving was a little precarious. I will have to make it a little thicker next time. Wondering how I can translate it into a Christmas project.

No comments: