Friday, October 29, 2010

Little House on the Prairie






Emily has been reading these books for a while now. It really surprised me that a modern little girl would be interested in those books. I would think she would see them as dated. But she loves them. Even wants the whole set for her own. Not just to be borrowed from the library. You know, another piece of Emily trivia.....she won't watch the show on tv. We have seen it on a couple of times flipping through the channels and she absolutely won't watch it. Says it ruins the book. So, she is Laura Ingalls today at school for Halloween. John's mom made the costume for her. It's very cute! She even let me braid her hair today, which I could NoT believe. Really, I never get invited to fix her hair.
And Emily made those cupcakes all by herself. She is a very independent, assertive girl. Not afraid of a little extra work when she wants to get something done. I'm very proud of her.


1 comment:

Carol said...

she looks SO cute!!! KRisten was Laura Ingalls last year, or the year before...I really can't remember :)