Thursday, November 27, 2008

ahhhh, I am so stuffed.....






Emily said her teacherr said "I stuff the turkey and then the turkey stuffs me."  Oh, so true.  And now that dinner is over, the kitchen clean, and a pie in the oven.......NOW I can update the blog. John is nursing his pop knot with a good nap.  Poor thing.  I want you to know, THAT was the best Thanksgiving dinner I have ever prepared.  Everything turned out great and it was all done at the same time.  Ya know how, inevitably, something gets done first and then gets cold while everything else is finishing--I always have that problem anyway.  The turkey was moist, the potatoes fluffy, the dressing, a new recipe in a crockpot, was awesome.  It could not have been better.  Well, if all our family was here it would have been better.  The first thing I thought was well, that means Christmas dinner will be a flop.  John, ever the optimist, said that just means I am "perfecting".  What a guy!  And now John is napping, the kids are outside playing and I get to plan out my morning of shopping tomorrow.  I was not going to go, but Emily wants to go so bad, we will try it.  We won't be long.  I need to get some painting done in the house.  Will it ever be done?  I don't think so.  When I get the last of the painting done, I'll just start over.  But I enjoy it.  
And this just in....I just pulled my chocolate pecan pie out of the oven and it is beautiful.  Don't ya just want a piece.  
Truly, I have had the perfect day.  Got to sleep in....just a little.  Made a great dinner without any pressure or stress.  John cut a piece of plywood and some pieces of wood for legs to build a platform for my Christmas houses.  I am a happy, happy girl.  I'll get squashed flat by a cement truck before bedtime, I just know it.  
A couple of pictures posted here are:  Emily's getting her soccer trophy from her coach at the soccer banquet, the kids painting the pieces of the platform for my Christmas houses, and my chocolate pecan pie.  

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

What a feat to get everything done at once. We waited and waited on the little thingy on the turkey to pop up, finally it did. Having so much fun in California with Misty and her family. Fly back to Utah today. Love the holidays, thanks for sharing