Thursday, November 6, 2008

Studying for the 3rd grade science and social studies test




Emily Gayle was hilarious.  The question is--"I visited my aunt and uncle in WASHINGTON DC.  They took me to see this monument.  What is it?"  (It's a picture of the Washingtom Monument)  Emily says "The Eifel Tower".  I laughed and laughed.  So, then, when she got the answer right, she said "the Washington MoMument".  That girl!  She's so funny.  
Alright, so another question is this--"A cat just ate a mouse.  The mouse was the...."  The answer is "prey", which she got right, but, then she had to make a joke.  She said "Daddy, I know why the mouse was called the prey.  It's because they have to PRAY that they won't be eaten."  It was even funnier because she was so tickled with herself.  

So, now,  did you enjoy pictures of my grass?  Very pretty, right?  
And, I'm crazy, I only ended up with a picture of Emily for Halloween.  And, obviously, she was a very cute witch.  Ethan was a Confederate Soldier.  And John pinned Smarties to his pants and became......you guessed it.....Smarty Pants.   I went as myself and John went as an angry old man.  Didn't even need a costume.  He got to drive his tractor with the trailer behind for a hayride through the neighborhood.  What fun!!  It was soooooo ccccold!  

Ethan's last football game on Saturday.  Emily's got 2 more soccer games.  Then we will just be down to dance.  It's bittersweet.  We have really had fun with the sports and the kids really enjoyed themselves.  John's going to California tomorrow.  He'll be back next Wednesday.  And I think that's it.  I'm just still working at the school and sometimes at the hospital.  I NEED a maid, yes, I do.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love the sod!
Love the house!
So cute with the halloween decor.
Hope your feeling better.

Kathy Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.