Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow Day

Well, not really.  But it did snow today.  Flurries.  It was so fun to wake up to.  There was a wee little bit stuck to the grass and in the trees.  Beautiful!  But I will also tell ya this.  I am COLD!!  Oh my word, I am always freezing.  The HEAT PUMP is a worthless contraption.  Hate it.  It does do well in the summer when it's an air conditioner.  BUT in the winter when it gets really cold, it doesn't work.  It changes to this thing called "auxillary heat" and it's like the air conditioner is blowing.  And until spring comes, there will be much more complaining to come.  

I had to meet with Ethan's teacher today.  I thought he was going to tell me that Ethan has not been turning in his classwork.  That has been an issue.  He is the absent minded professor sometimes.  He will do his work and then shove it into his desk and not turn it in.  Or maybe he wanted to stay late and have me come in just so he could tell me how bright and creative he thinks Ethan is.  Well, that wasn't it at all.  Ethan has not been doing his homework at all.  And his reason??  He said he just didn't want to do it.  Didn't he think that was going to catch up with him??  He says no.  Goofy monkey!  So, tonight he had to do two weeks worth of homework.  Didn't really enjoy it.  Maybe he's learned his lesson.  

John and I are going to Virginia Beach this weekend......all by ourselves!!  I cannot wait.  We are going to finish our Christmas shopping.  What fun we are going to have.  Probably won't go to the beach, though.....too cold.  Alright, speaking of children.  I do need to put them to bed.  

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

Love your blog, so great to see the kids all grown up, we really don't know any of them except John and he was a baby. Time sure flies by doesn't it. Hope all is well, visit our blog too sometime, love to hear from you, mendenhallsincolorcountry.blogspot.com