Saturday, April 5, 2008

Patch


This is what happens when he just refuses to do what he's been told.

Poor thing! Really, something blew into his eye when he had his head in an A/C vent at work. A foreign object was embedded in his sclera right, directly over his pupil. Couldn't have been a worse place. We had to go to the ER. Fortunately, his wife has some connections there and he was able to see a doctor right away. The doctor numbed his eye and scraped the foreign object out with a needle. She did have a burr removal device on hand, just in case. Picture a small dremel. But, thankfully, she didn't need it. Scraping the object off the sclera created a small defect there that will take a few days to heal. He will have some light sensitivity and irritability for a few days and then he will be just fine. JOHN--next time wear safety glasses!!

This is an edit to this post--John insists that I announce to everyone how brave he was throughout the procedure. How hard can it be to be still when there is a needle coming right at your eye? And he didn't even budge. You are tough, baby!

And now I have to edit this post AGAIN because John made a comment. I do believe that John would rather drive the car with one bad eye on a rainy night than be seen having his wife drive him anywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that picture was taken at midnight after getting home from the ER. I look pretty dog gone good at midnight after getting poked in the eye with a fat needle. Kathy did "forget" to mention that she made me drive home from the hospital after all that happened to me. I am tough baby.

Anonymous said...

You are probably right however, I was not given a choice. I was told to drive home and given my vulnerable state how could I argue?