Sunday, April 27, 2008

The chiggers in Virginia

must be on steroids. I got attacked down by the lake about 2 weeks ago. One little spot on the back of my left leg, about 8 to 10 bites. They didn't bother me that much at first, BUT NOW they are killing me. Keeping me up at night. Waking me up in the middle of the night. Oh my word!!! I begged one of the doctors at the ER to give me a prescription for some cream and it is working.....s l o w l y! However, I am not complaining because it IS working. I thought chiggers were only in the south. Although, if you ask any Virginian, Virginia IS IN The South. If you're from Texas, Virginia is North. It's all relative, isn't it?

It is raining so much here. I know in August I will miss the rain, but I want a little bit of sunshine so I can get a garden in. We had a small garden in Texas year before last. It was so fun to get vegetables out of our own garden. We had Texas sized zuchinis in our Texas garden. Loved them. And how did we eat them most of the time?? Fried!

Well, that's all for now. I think the cream and the Benadryl are finally kicking in and I can sleep without scratching the flesh off of my leg.