Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily















WHAT a day!! She had her nails done. The gal that did her manicure and pedicure was so sweet. She drew butterflies on Emily's big toes and on her thumbs. Emily is so proud!! Then we had her ears done. She picked out her birthstone. What a brave girl! She did not shed a single tear. Her face got really red and her eyes watered. And she made some very good faces!! Then we had a girls lunch. We had Chinese. After that, we came home and had, actually, a rather mild party for a bunch of giggly girls. Lots of High School Musical and Hannah Montana stuff. It was a GREAT day!

Emily, I love you so much! You add so much to our family! What would we do without you?? You are smart, beautiful, gracious, loving, gentle. There is nothing about you that I don't love. Even your pouty face when you are not getting your way is just very cute! I just don't want you to know that until you are over that stage. I love the way you booboo when you are tired. I love that you love to read and sing. I love to hear you singing while you are in the shower. And most of all I love that you love me! I know you love me with all your heart and it makes me feel very special. How very blessed we are to get to have you!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Can't believe it's been 8 years since I held that little girl in the hospital. Ahhhhhh...

Love the second picture of her...she's like "What they hey!"