Monday, March 22, 2010

What were you doing

10 years ago today???? Well, right now, 10 years ago today, I was sitting on my couch, feeling terrible and wondering if Emily Gayle was ever going to be born. She was due on March 20th. I only went in to the doctor's office because I just felt bad. No contractions, nothing in particular, just felt like crap. And when I got there I was 5 centimeters dilated. If I had waited, Emily most likely would have been born in my living room floor. We were so glad to see her. Still couldn't believe I was going to have a sweet baby girl. Part of me expected the doctor to say "oops, it's a boy". What a joy it has been to be Emily's mom. So fun to watch her grow. Watch her personality blossom. She's a bit of a comedian. I wasn't expecting that. Very independent. And so generous. She loves her brothers even though they are stinky boys. Always giving others the benefit of the doubt. And she has been so sweet to me since I started school. She gives me pedicures. She likes to play restaurant. The kids will fix dinner and I have to come in and order. It's very cute. "What'll you have sugar?" Say it like a bubble gum chewing waitress. Very cute!
We are planning a Spring Theme birthday party. Flowers, flowers everywhere. 7 of her girlfriends are coming over Saturday for an overnight party. John's going to miss it all. Lucky Thing! John has my camera in Korea. Don't know what we will do for pictures. He was supposed to be back today, but got extended for another week. I think he planned it so he could miss the sleepover. I'm sure my next post will be from the closet where I will be hiding.

1 comment:

Carol said...

WEll I know that I remember that day!!!!! How fun that I was there ;) I still remember holding her in the hospital and you telling me how Dr. B. was so touchy feely!!!!