Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I win

in the contest for who has the best kids. I win! Get your tissues....

John is in Korea, which is stressful for our whole family. He will only be there for a month, but it feels like it's been weeks already. And he only left last Friday. We already only get to see him on the weekends. So, take our weekend visits away for a month and we all get down in the dumps. Also, I am doing a women's health clinical this semester. I walk around all day feeling stupid. Noone, noone has a text book problem. And so, I am having to meld the perfect textbook cases with the real life experience of the clinic. And yesterday I had to drive myself home in the snow. And I don't even like to drive myself around on a sunny day. So, I was tired and stressed when I pulled into the garage last night. There was a note on the garage door that said to use the front door. I walked around to the front door and my beautiful children had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. They were all dressed in clothes that they would only wear under funeral circumstances. The house was immaculate. They were waiting at the front door to "check me in" to my evening getaway. A "suite" was reserved for me with dinner, dessert, and a movie. They made shrimp alfredo and brownies. We talked and talked while Ethan made dinner. John made my drink and Emily danced for me. We got to eat on the couch and watch a movie. Where the Wild Things Are. We all danced to the closing song. Okay, maybe I wouldn't really call it dancing. Fun nevertheless. It was BeAuTiFuL! It is good to be loved!! Dad will be so proud!

1 comment:

Carol said...

obviously you have done your job right! that is the sweetest thing i've ever heard!