Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthday girl....

It's me!!  It's me!!  Tomorrow is the BIG day!  I'm sure it's going to be a fabulous day.  Sleeping in...breakfast in bed....long bubble bath.....it's going to be great!! .......and don't forget PRESENTS!!!! I just know there will be a new car waiting for me in the garage with a big, red bow on it.  Well....a girl can dream, can't she?  And later in the day the whole nation can celebrate with me since the super bowl was planned in honor of my birthday!  

In other news....for those of you who do not know, I have decided to go back to school.  I am going to get my masters in nursing.  I'll be a Family Nurse Practitioner.  I took the dreaded GRE last week.  I did well, so hopefully, I will get accepted.  I won't find out anything for another month.  Let the nailbiting begin.  

John built another rocket out of spare parts around the house.  The only thing he really bought for it was the engine.  I thought it was very ingenious myself.  I'll spare you the video....all you can see is the ground where I am running away from the rocket, as it did not go UP exactly.  It went up maybe 10 feet and then started doing flips.  Ah.....the building of a rocket scientist....all in a day's work.  Next time we will launch the rocket a little further from the house.  

How do ya'll like the pictures of my backyard??  One day I will have grass.  That dream is not quite as lofty as my dream of a new car, but still......  We have been trying to grow grass for a solid year now and the only grass we have is what we put down as sod in the front yard.  And it wasn't even enough to cover the whole front yard.  So, I have a beautiful new house and a DIRT yard.  

2 comments:

Karen M. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
I HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY AND REALLY GOT TO DO ALL THOSE THINGS YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO? REALLY! Love ya

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. you should be getting a little something delivered tomorrow........:)