Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Money isn't always the most important thing


Here is our tree. That's about the only thing I have up so far. Wait...I do have my village set up. I need to go take pictures of it. This is the first year we put so much effort into the village. It actually has a platform....ooooo....ahhhh. It looks pretty good. BUT, we put it in the room with the piano and I can't stand not having it in the living room. Next year.....

And now for the rest of the story....money isn't always the most important thing.....candy is. Just ask Ethan. The kids got these cute little plastic candies stuffed with money and candy one year from Nana Ann and Grandpa Bill. I noticed that the blue one and Ethan were both missing one evening and went looking for them. Ethan was walking down the stairs with chocolate stains all around his mouth and candy shoved in his pockets. The money?? Tossed aside in his closet. That was not what he was after. Silly boy! I can't believe he used to be that little. He has a birthday coming up. Golly, he will be 11! My little Ethan is not so little anymore.

2 comments:

Carol said...

i love that you guys go out and cut down your own tree. it's so Norman Rockwell!

my kids wait for dad to pull ours out of the box. paaaathetic...i know. i miss having a real tree. they are just not cost effective out here. get it too soon and it's a serious fire hazard come christmas, get it too late and you don't get your hundreds worth out of it! when we're ready to have 2 trees in the house, i am for sure getting a small live one.

love the chocolate story.

Karen M. said...

Great stories and thought, we miss you guys too, so glad we can blog and keep up...Have a great Christmas,we are soon off to California to spend it with all the kids, Yeah!