Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan







Ethan will celebrate his 11th birthday tomorrow morning at 5:22am.  I CAN'T beleive it!  Ethan through the years......if I had scanned all my photos pre digital camera there would be more for you to look at.  Well, Ethan was born at 5:22 in the morning.  He slept almost 24 hours a day for the first two weeks.  I even called the pediatrician because I was so worried.  And they told me that very shortly I would probably be wishing he would sleep more.  Well.....they were right.  Holy cow!!  When he finally decided to be more awake he cried when?  NONSTOP!!  Actually, he was fine during the day.  When he heard John come through the door in the afternoon he would start screaming.  We got to where John would come home to dinner ready, have dinner, then John and John would retire to the bedrooms upstairs.  Ethan and I were banished to the downstairs.  We slept together in a recliner for a long time.  In fact, the day we brought him home, which was the day he was born.  I couldn't very well spend Christmas in the hospital, could I?  Ethan wouldn't even sleep by himself the first day he was born.  OK, fast forward a few years.  Ethan likes to quote lines from movies.  It's very funny!  But the first line he ever quoted, at about 4 years old, was "well, maybe I don't want to be a part of this family" from Lady and the Tramp, Scamp's Adventure.  It took us several minutes to figure out that it was a quote from a movie.  I thought I was going to have a little heathen on my hand for a second.  Ethan loves to read.  In the first grade, he read an 8th grade level book.   Most Texas schools have Accelerated Reading, a point system for reading.  Ethan always the most points of anyone in his class.  Let's see what else?  He would argue with a fence post.  And at the same time, he is such a sensitive boy.  John says I'm writing too much.  Let me just tell you.....I love this little boy!  I feel honored and blessed to be his mom.  I have enjoyed every moment with him.  What a wonderful boy!  Happy Birthday Ethan.  Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

Happy Birthday from friends in California. You look just like your dad with a mix of your mom sprinkled in. What a fun story!