Monday, July 7, 2008

Watching them grow....

is a wonderful experience.....

Is it laziness or ingenuity??

John figured out how to spread lime on the lawn without having to push the spreader around the yard. He attached it to the back of his Gator somehow and just drove around the yard. Only had to get out and walk long enough to put more lime in the spreader. Which reminds me.....I talked to a landscaper about grass. The options for grass here are perplexing. They are all bad choices. You just choose which one you don't hate the most. Really. So, I was telling the landscaper I want St. Augustine. That is what I had in Texas. Loved it. That, or something like it, is what I want here. His response?? You're not in Texas anymore. Great, thanks! He did suggest some kind of grass that we may like. Ya know, the $800 a bag kind. BUT, he also suggested we wait until fall to plant. So, we are preparing our dirt yard now for planting in the fall. The builder put grass in, but oddly enough, it died right away. We have a few brown blades left, but mostly dirt. If it weren't so ugly, and I weren't so embarrassed of it, I would post a picture.

A monumental moment

Buying shampoo with Emily. I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but this time it was. All 8 years of her life I have been picking out her shampoo. And she likes having the same kind that mommy uses. And on this day, she wanted to pick out her own. I didn't know what to do with myself. I did enjoy watching her look at all her choices, though. Very entertaining. And this is the lucky winner. Because it had the best smell and the best colored bottle. Nevertheless. I think it was a monumental moment for her too. She felt more grown up. Where do the years go?

Baking cookies

She's getting them ready to go into the oven. I love that girl! We have some of our best talks in the kitchen. We went to the movies last night to see the American Girl movie. Very fun! I liked watching Emily watch the movie. Which is hard to pull off without her noticing. Hey, who painted that beautiful kitchen??

AND, I just noticed..I do NOT have a picture of Ethan in this post. I'll fix it. Don't be sending me dirty emails.

No comments: