Monday, July 7, 2008

My New Piano


It makes me so happy to play. Don't play very well, but it makes me peaceful. And now John, Ethan, and Emily can start taking lessons again. Only Emily is very excited about it, though. The man who tuned it is lovely. An experience all it's own. He has lived in this area all his life. Gave him a cup of coffee and he told us all about growing up in this area. I love to hear stories from older people. Okay, except for the grouchy complainers. And I have finished painting the kitchen, finally! Well, I do have a couple of little touch up areas, but I'm calling it done. Today, I am working on the music room. Formally known as the dining room. The color is called surrey beige, but it is like taupe. I love it. More pictures to follow.
And I love that rug it is sitting on. John brought that home to me from Iraq. A very special present. After I get it all decorated, it may be my favorite room in the house.

1 comment:

Carol said...

NICE. PIANO.

You are SO fabulous!