Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ooooooo,ahhhhhh.......


my new camera. I love it! It takes SOOO much better pictures than that sorry Cannon I had. I am a happy girl. AND, it was on sale!

Nothing could be better! Went shopping the other day. Found my camera, for the price I wanted to pay. Found a good smell at Bath and Body Works.....on sale. What a day! I went shopping today and bought new clothes. And now I am sitting on the back porch (because the weather here is GORGEOUS!) in one of my new outfits. And, FINALLY, the weather here is really nice. The sky is a pale blue with big white puffy clouds. The trees look so green with their leaves blowing in the breeze.

We are planning to work in the yard this weekend. We are going to cut some trees blocking our view of the lake and some that have potential to fall on the house. Well, John and one of his friends is going to cut trees and I will be driving the tractor. I am very excited. Hopefully, I will not wreck it. It is a prized possession, you know.

School will be out on June 12th. Not fair. If we were in Texas, school would be out at the end of May. The kids think they are getting cheated. I say it is less time for them to get into trouble. Ethan has been seeing a commercial advertising summer learning programs. The commercial tells you that children lose 2.5 months of information in the summer and they should all go to this particular learning center to retain all that "valuable knowledge". Like a Sylvan Learning Center. Well, now, Ethan is scared to death that he is going to become the village idiot by the end of summer so he wants to go. He has the phone number written down in several places so we can call. They are planning to go to several summer camps. Ethan and Emily are going back to Pamplin Historical Park this summer. They go for 3 days and live the life of a Civil War Soldier. Not sure what they will do with Emily (this will be her first year there), but I'm sure she will have fun. Emily wants to go to dance camp and Ethan wants to go 4H camp. Not sure about that one. It's all week long, including nights. The paranoid mother in me is not sure if she can allow that. John wants to work all summer. He is mowing lawns.

Alright, well, I want a piece of chocolate and a soda pop, so I must bid farewell to all my fans. Ya'll come back soon.

No comments: