Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Day at the Beach






Our first day at the beach for this season. And it was COLD!! when we first got there. It was a beautiful sunny day, but the wind was very chilly until about 3:00. The water was freezing. But what fun! Emily Gayle was instructed not to get wet, but, like John said...."you just told a 7 year old to go play at the beach and not get wet". Take a look at those pink legs. She was an icecube. The second picture of Emily is her defrosting. And after she warmed up, what did she do??? Any guesses? She went right back down to the water and got wet again. It was a good day. The sun was out and the sky was beautiful. John and Ethan made their own pool at the water's edge. They looked like they were having a very good time. We stayed for about 3.5 hours and had to come home, but we can't wait to go back.
The only thing that didn't go our way was the sunburns. I used a spray sunblock, but the wind must have blown it all away before it got on John and Ethan's skin. Woweee, they are pink. I have a serious case of bad mommyitis.

4 comments:

Kathy Jo said...

I like your blog thing I think it must be fun to go to the beach

Carol said...

So, Kathy Jo...are ya commenting on your own blog or what??? That's like sending yourself flowers for Valentines day. Anyway, you're so lucky you get to go to the beach, cold and all.

Kathy Jo said...

I am lonely, so I talk to myself. Ethan did that. He was trying to be funny. He's such a ham.

Carol said...

I'm laughing right now! I'm suprised Nathan hasn't figured that one out, I know he reads my blog, but it's usually cause I've left it open on screen.