Saturday, June 26, 2010

Odds and Ends



Well, I decided that I was going to be better about posting. I decided that about two weeks ago and haven't posted a thing in that time. So, since nothing is really going on right now, I will post a couple of odds and ends pictures. Having a wonderfully boring summer....spending lots o' time at the pool. I am doing a very relaxing pediatric practicum and a psychosocial class. And even though I HATE psychology, it is a very laid back class. I should be working on a paper right now, but I am procrastinating. Post-traumatic growth--concept #1 of a 3 concept paper. It's not horrible. My preceptor for my pediatric practicum is a wonderful teacher and quite relaxed compared to my last preceptor. Well, she was a good teacher, she just kept me afraid the whole time that I was, indeed, stupid. And let me just pull out my soapbox for just a second here......please don't give your kids koolaid. Especially toddlers. Juice, water, or milk. Koolaid is BAADDDD! It's amazing how much parents want your advice and then don't listen to a thing you say. Simply amazing!

OK--pictures--John has decided that since dad has been in Baltimore, he can have dad's side of the garage. It's very entertaining. Pictures 2 and 3 are the driveway. In our neck o' the woods, a paved driveway does not come with the house. What you get is gravel. So, we finally have a paved driveway. I feel like a queen. It was a spontaneous decision, and I'm glad. If John had too much time to think about it, I'd still be wishing for a paved driveway. It was a deal we couldn't pass up. And we finally have grass in the back yard that we even had to mow this week. I coulda cried, it was so beautiful to see John and Ethan out there mowing.
John is at a 4H overnight camp tonight. We could have gone with him and stayed part of the night or the whole night. He absolutely did not want us there. I don't think he's embarrassed of us, I think he is just that independent. He didn't need us. I'm proud and my feelings are hurt all at the same time. I so wish I had been as brave as he is at his age.
We went shopping today and I have new clothes. I am a happy woman. And furthermore, I have good chocolate. Could not ask for a better day. Well.....we could be at the beach with new clothes and good chocolate.....I guess you can't have everything.

1 comment:

Carol said...

dang girl...in vegas your driveway would have 20 houses along the way. instead you've got a forest. can we come live by you????

hope your new clothes still fit after you eat all that yummy chocolate ;)