Monday, February 1, 2010

On this day in history......



I was born. I googled my birthdate and found that I share a birthday with Clark Gable (love him) and Boris Yeltsin. How 'bout that? What else? On this day....in 1992, Boris Yeltsin and President Bush sign a document to officially end the Cold War. Cool! Cable TV was deregulated on my birthday in 1996. In 1861 Texas seceded from the United States .......and well, that's about it. Something I think is pretty cool is that I was born on my grandfather's birthday. I didn't know him very well. For some reason we visited them more when I was younger. I can vaguely remember sitting on his lap watching tv. One Christmas we were at their house and he brought a doll out of a closet for me, I was SO excited. The body was pink with white polka dots. I can remember being so amazed that when you lay the doll horizontally, her eyes closed like she was sleeping.

I have had a good day. Kids made me breakfast in bed--chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, and deer sausage. YUM! What wonderful children I have. John did not get to take the kids shopping for my birthday because of the snow, so Emily went shopping in her bedroom and brought me a butterfly necklace and a small notepad, perfect fit for my purse. My neighbor took me to lunch. It's been a good day.

1 comment:

Carol said...

oh my goodness...that baby picture totally looks like you! HOpe you had a super duper happy birthday!