Tuesday, July 28, 2009

James Mendoza



















Well, guys, I hate to be a downer, but since this blog serves as a sort of diary for me, you must hear the good with the bad. This a friend of mine, James. We worked together at the hospital. He died in a motorcycle accident last Wednesday. One faaaaareaking block from the hospital. Which was especially frustrating for those of us who worked with him. On one hand, I tell myself that he almost made it. One more minute and he would have been clocked in and ready to make everyone laugh. On the other hand, I can't understand why those that were working that day weren't given a chance to save him. He was right there. One heartbeat and they would not have given up until they saved him. He died instantly. Such a tragedy. He was 26 years old. His parents should be looking for to him getting married and giving them grandchildren instead of planning a funeral. His absence will be very painful for everyone who knew him. He was a good natured guy. Never a harsh word. Always smiling. That's what everyone kept saying at the service. "He was always happy, always smiling".
I guess moments like this remind you that your next day is not garunteed. I wish we could all live to be 90 or 100. Wouldn't that be better?



1 comment:

Carol said...

oh I am so sorry about your friend.