Thursday, October 11, 2007

As long as you don't go inside




.....it looks all done. There is not much left. Carpet. Finishing the hardwoods. Shelving in the closets. Tile around the master bathtub. And that's it. Good grief, we may actually move in this month. So, if you live in Virginia start lifting weights in prep for helping with the big move! Although, I am thinking of tossing everything out and starting over.

I got to help someone do some interior painting today. I love to paint. It got me all excited about painting my CEILINGS, and all the rooms. So, again, if you're a friend in Virginia, you've got that to look forward to also. And I'm guessing if you're a friend in Virginia, you will no longer be taking calls from the Thompsons.

I need to take a minute to brag on Ethan. His school is taking him and several other students out to eat on Monday because they made a PERFECT score on the SOL (Standards of Learning) test last May. And I don't know why they chose to call it the SOL test. Beyond me! Way to go Ethan!! After dinner they will return to the school for an awards ceremony.

While I'm bragging on Ethan, I should just take a quick moment to tell you all what wonderful parents John and I are. We had parent/teacher conferences this week. John, Ethan, and Emily are doing quite well academically. All of the teachers took an extra moment to express their gratitude to John and I for having such wonderful children. So, to the world, I say.....you're welcome, we'll keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Carol said...

What a women! You are so fantastic, and I guess your husband helps some too.

So close...and yet so far on the house.