Saturday, September 1, 2007

Meet the Teachers





Last Thursday was Meet the Teacher Night at the schools. We had a fine time at the elementary school. Emily loves her new teacher. AND her BFF (Best Friends Forever) is in her class. Fortunately, they are not sitting side by side. Ethan got the teacher that he wanted. She is also very nice. What great luck!! They were both very excited by the time the meetings were over. They just can't wait to go to school on Tuesday. Emily is still giddy from finding out that her best friend is in the same class. ...........And then we had to go to the middle school..........OH MY WORD! It's so big, so busy! Those kids are huge. And they all look mean. What a big adjustment this is going to be for John. He is a tough kid, though. He'll be just fine. I'll be the one with the adjustment issues. He is going to have to change classes, which I think he will enjoy. He will probably have a tough few first days of school. I certainly will on his behalf. Feel free to call me next week and hold my hand. I couldn't even get a picture of him at school because he was already overwhelmed and I didn't want to add to his stress. He has a very nice homeroom/science teacher. And the guidance counselor was very good to us while we were trying to figure everything out. So, once he gets over the trauma of the change it should all be very exciting. He gets to choose four electives that he will do nine weeks at a time. He will do ag first, then drama, of all things, then Spanish, then technology. I can't wait for him to do drama and see how he likes it. Will Hollywood be knocking at his door??? I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Carol said...

The more people talk about middle school the more I die thinking about it. It will be here way too fast! Aaaahhhhhh!