Saturday, August 4, 2007

I love my family



I had a unique experience today as far as parenting goes. I don't think there is anything that tops watching your children have a good time. Watching them smile at something that really makes them happy, and losing themselves in something fun. I was fortunate enough to have that experience with all 3 of my children in one day. That doesn't happen very often.

The new Bratz movie is playing in a theatre near you. A must see if you are a 7 year old girl. I took Emily today. When the lights went out, she just shook with excitement. She waved her little arms in the air like she had just won a gold medal. And at the end of the movie when the Bratz girls overcame adversity, which, of course, they had to do, she was just beaming. She was so proud of them.

We saw a Nesquik chocolate milk vending machine in the mall yesterday. We couldn't believe it. For those of you who do not know how much Ethan loves chocolate milk.....Ethan LOVES chocolate milk. So, I bought him one. He was so happy. He took my halo down and polished it for me. He told me that I am the best mom in the whole world. Not another like me. It is good to be loved!

And I took John to the race track tonight to see jet cars race. Wow! Now that was an experience. It was sticky hot, loud, and crowded. All the things I hate the most!! But watching John was a joyful experience. He was so excited to watch fire coming out of the back of the cars. Evertime 2 cars pulled up to race he would tell me which one would win and why. Because it looked cooler than the other one, of course. He just talked and talked. It was great. He patted me on the back and reassured me that the jet cars were not going to explode. We got to meet one of the jet car drivers after the race. You would have thought we had just me the President, he was so proud. Good times! What a lucky mom I am!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Let me just polish that halo a little more for you!!!! Gee, your such a great mom.

Ha Ha, I know what you mean though. It is priceless to see such joy in our children. Taking the girls to see the play Joseph was definately one of those moments.