Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Still here







We are still here. I have been lazy about updating lately. I am having a hard time adjusting to being actually having a real job again. I never have enough time to get anything done. I'm always tired. And I'm always whining.

So, in the past couple of weeks we have seen great progress on the house. The roof is almost 100% completed. Doesn't it look great?? The windows were delivered on Monday and those guys worked fast. I checked on them in the morning. They were getting started on the first window. When I got back in the afternoon, they were almost done with all the windows. No progress today because of the rain, I guess.

We picked out cabinets last Thursday. That was fun! Now we are trying to make them fit into our budget. That's not as much fun. Not really fun at all.

School is out tomorrow. Hooray! The kids are so excited! By Tuesday they will be saying how bored they are. We are planning to spend a lot of time at the pool. When we are not at the pool, we will be at the beach. John and Ethan are going to Civil War Camp next week. Emily starts summer dance in early July. Poor John is going to summer school in July. He doesn't have to. His grades were ok, but he was just so far behind where the 5th graders were here in Virginia. We want him to be able to start 6th grade confidently. So, mom and dad are the bad guys. John is taking it pretty well. He's a good boy!

Alright, that's all I have for now. Love to all!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yay! Your house looks so great. I love it.

So what is Civil War Camp, can I send Nathan???

Glad to finally hear from ya again. I need to email you instruction on the buckets...

Kathy Jo said...

Civil War Camp is at one of the Civil War Battlefields here. During the first part they are pioneer farmers. In the second part they get to join the troops and learn to live the life of a Civil War soldier. Just fly Nathan out and they can all go together!