Friday, March 9, 2007

Sick Emily


My poor sick Emily. She is such a trooper. Smiling even though she feels so bad! Cute little thing! She has stayed home from school 3 days now. Actually, today, I think she could have gone, but I knew she was having a substitute today and she is still a little weak.
But Monday she has to be well, because she is going on a fieldtrip. And she is so excited!
John is the only who hasn't gotten sick. And I think he would like to, except that today is Friday, so he wouldn't miss any school. Poor guy!
Well, the builder has not started on our house yet. He had to do soil testing first. Someone please tell me why that is necessary?? What is that going to tell us? Sigh....next week, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath! I guess these are the lows of building a house. Hopefully, the highs are coming soon. I'll post pictures.
Love to everyone, Kathy Jo

2 comments:

Carol said...

In regards to 'soil testing' this is what I know, if you really care! They had to do that here because of expanding soil. If you build on soil that is not treated for this problem then when it gets wet your foundation can crack. With ours they soak the soil for like a month or so then poor concrete at complete expansion. Or some blah blah blah like that.

callie said...

What beautiful Blue Eyes!!