Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cancer Sucks




My brother's father in law died recently after a battle with pancreatic cancer.  I feel so bad for them because, unfortunately, we know all too well what pancreatic cancer can do.  John's dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 1997 and died the day after Christmas in 1998.  It was horrible......heck, it still is.  Our family was stripped from the best father in law and one of the best grandpas the world will ever know.  When John and I got married he made me feel so loved.  I figured if John and I had trouble he would disown John and adopt me.  But when John was born, I was shoved aside for his new love....his first grandchild.  It was so good to watch him with John and see how much he loved my little boy.  When John got his first haircut, we had 3 Johns in chairs at the barber shop.  Grandpa, dad, and baby.  A great day. Tom was such a social butterfly....did NOT know a stranger, loved a party.  Loved a debate.  John acts a lot like him. Ethan looks so much like him. Can't imagine how spoiled Emily would be if he were still on earth.        Miss him so much......

No comments: