Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ahhhhh.....the holidays are here at long last

So, I haven't posted a thing in so long.  So everyone has adjust well, I think, to our move.  Emily is doing AMAZING at school.  AMAZING.  This weeks she is at Junior Leadership Seminar.  She will be gone for the whole week.  They are doing team building, leadership building exercises and touring.  She is doing really well in school and is very happy.  Great gaggle of friends.  She is Treasurer on the Student Council.  We are so proud of her.
Ethan is doing GREAT in school this year.  He is settled in, great friends, doing well in school.  Very active in ROTC.  Planning to go to A&M so, he is really focused on grades.
John is working at the PX on base 20 hours a week.  The golf season ended last week and he did really well.  He is starting to get a little nervous about graduating and moving back to the states without us there.  BUT he is going to do great.  He is so good at talking to people.  Strangers are not strangers for long.  He is thinking about joining the Coast Guard or going to TSTC in Waco, TX.  Stay tuned.
John is doing well at work.  Currently working for free due to the government shutdown.  Hopefully that will be ironed out soon.  He really likes his job and does an AWESOME job playing Mr. Mom when I am in the states working.  He dyed Emily's hair.  She wanted her tips blue, so we ordered the dye hoping it would come before I left this last time, but no luck.  When it came John didn't shy away from making his baby girl happy.  Her hair turned out really well.  It's cute.
Me?  I go to the states to work every so often.  I was there in August, came back to Germany for 2 weeks and then went right back for 2 more weeks.  That was rough.  And I hate it.  It's no fun to be there without my family.  Well.....not true....getting to shop is fun.  But, truthfully, I still hate it here.  HATE it.  And I really can't tell you why.  I think it's a bunch of little things.  I don't have a good option for working.  I don't really have any social outlet here.  It's always gray and rainy, and way too cold.  I don't really like this house.  It's not a warm, welcoming place.  And it's not MY house.  And I am going to really resent having to send John back to the states with us so far away.  I don't walk around all day crying, don't get me wrong.  I still love being a tourist here.  There are still a lot of things I want to do and see.  I have great joy in my family.
Emily on her way to Junior Leadership Seminar

The blue hair

Ethan trying to put Emily in the trunk instead of her suitcase

John, Ethan and best friend Dakota at Fort Hood this summer

The TSTC visit this summer

Me and good friend Tricia in Paris this summer

Emily at the Louvre in Paris this summer

No comments: