Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hey, I'm not dead


Cracked frame


Cracked frame


REALLY???????  Honestly, this is how they packed it!  


The front was ripped off.  All the screws were bent that would indicate something traumatic happened here.


Sad, sad sad    :(



Just lazy....or really busy!  Really busy, of course!  Furniture day was great except that.....I joked and joked about my piano coming off the truck in pieces......and it did.  I cried like a baby.  I couldn't believe it!  It was one of those moments when you REALLY want to say, at least we're all still breathing, but it just won't come out.  You want to take the high, but it just ain't gonna happen.  My poor piano.  I haven't even been able to post pictures yet.  It looks like they must have dropped it before it even went into the crate.  The lid was ripped off the hinges, it has deep gouges in the sides.  The metal parts of the piano are broken in several places.  John bought that piano as a special gift for me.  Drove to Atlanta from Richmond to pick it up.  Heavy sigh!  It cannot be fixed and I'm afraid to even buy a new one here just in case it happens on the way home.  I will miss it so much!  It was one of my favorite presents......

1 comment:

Carol said...

ugh!!! seriously??????? I'm so afraid to ever use a moving company......i don't know anyone who has not had things destroyed, multiple things, half their house things. It's ridiculous!! Good thing I don't plan on moving anytime soon. Just been reading through your blog and I still can't believe you are in Germany. Such an amazing experience but I can only imagine how hard it must be as well. The kids are getting so big and grown up ;)