Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ellen Jackson



Ellen Jackson.....a very good friend of mine. Haven't talked to her in many years and still consider her a very dear friend. I met her in 1996 when we lived in Waco, TX. Eleven children, 17 grandchildren, and 5 more expected by the end of the year. Ellen won't get to welcome those 5 new babies this year, but hopefully she will get to send them off. Ellen has cancer, been battling for two years. She is at home on hospice and will likely not be alive on earth for much longer. Not fair. She will be dearly missed. She's the kind of woman who can raise 11 children, handle a big job at church, run the cub scouts.....all with grace and ease. Always knows the right thing to say, a soothing, calm voice. She lives a life of great deciation to her family and her beliefs. She was such a great mentor to me as a young mother. Got to talk to her today for a short while. Just hearing her voice gave me great comfort. If anyone ever deserved to live to be 100...... Ellen Jackson, you are a beautiful spirit. You will be sorely missed. One of God's true and faithful servants; I know He can't wait to have you back.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Ellen taught my son Piano and taught me many lessons on life through our friendship. She was always the example of how to be a good mother as I watched her raise her children.One of the kindest and sweetest people I know. We Love you Ellen

Carol said...

how sweet of you to post this.