Monday, December 20, 2010

Outta school again....











didn't get to go to school on Friday either. John and Ethan were thrilled. Emily was NOT happy. Poor thing. I tried to make up for it. Said we would have our own pajama party at home, but apparently it is NOT the same. Maybe they will get to have one in the spring.

We finally got our tree up. I have had my houses out for a while. We did a really good job of putting them up this year. We get a little bit better every year. John and John made me a nice table. I need to add some to it next year to cover up the cords. I love my houses. They are fun to put up. Fun to look at. The cat hasn't even tried to break any this year. The cat has officially earned a permanent spot in the Thompson family, albeit against John's will. He hasn't broken any of my houses and he hasn't knocked the tree over. Not like last year. He liked to lay in the middle of my houses. And he knocked the tree over about 5 times. I don't know why we got that cat in the first place. I caved. Shouldn't have. BUT I did. I, actually, tried to give him away for a while. I had no idea how many people don't like cats. So, that was unsuccessful and we are stuck with him. As far as cats go, though, he's a good one. He doesn't really mind being dressed in doll clothes. Pretty tolerant. He will do anything for a treat.

Most of the Christmas shopping is done. Feels good. I got started early and had time to think of some really good presents. They are going to be so excited! Can't wait!

We enjoyed the snow. It was the best kind of snow. Snow and then melt. At least on the streets. It looks pretty in the yard and the trees. Just don't like to drive on it. There is snow in the forecast for Christmas Day. ....except that I ordered sleds. As soon as they arrive, you can bet that there will not be snow in our area for years.

No comments: