Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mount Everest





























































































Well, ok, it's not Mount Everest, but it sure felt like it by the time I got to the top. The summit. I have been reading a book to the kids at night before they go to bed call Everest. Obviously......about a trip up Mount Everest. So, the John and Ethan decided they want to try it. So, we started small. Went for a little hike up a little hill called Loft Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park. Felt very large. I don't think of myself as a couch potato, but HOLY COW! It was hard work. Maybe I'm just getting old. And, of course, you are now all obligated to post a comment that says "oh, Kathy, don't be silly, you are not old". 'K? We had so much fun. The kids really enjoyed climbing on the rocks. Even Emily. John was trying to help her up a rock and she firmly told him that she was not a sissy. We will have to do it more often. And don't ya just love the picture of the leaning Thompson family. Not sure if it was the camera or we are all just leaners. Emily came down with her pockets stuffed full of rocks. I will have to sneak that picture in b/c she REALLY doesn't want me to post it.

No comments: