Thursday, December 24, 2009

Applause, applause





















































I am so behind at posting. This little event actually took place at the beginning of the school year. Ethan and Emily received awards for achieving perfect, PERFECT, scores on their SOL tests at school. And, hey, SOL stands for Standards of Learning.....just sayin'. Emily scored her perfect score in history. Ethan made perfect scores on history, reading, and math. He was the only one in the whole student body that scored perfect on 3 tests. Do you think he got credit for that? Nope......he is a terrorist. THAT is a LONG story and I shouldn't even say it here because I'm afraid someone from the school will read it and the whole mess will start all over again. Call or email and I will fill you in. Although, every time I think about it, I think I need a bigger soap box!! So, for now, we just celebrate the smartness of our kids! And just because John did not get perfect scores, do not think that he is not smart. He is a very mature, very smart boy. He does things (managing his money) already that I see some adults (me) have trouble with. So...John, Ethan, Emily....take a bow for all your hard work and effort....we're so proud! (someone hand me a tissue)

No comments: