Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday night at the movies


I am taking Ethan, Emily, and one of Ethan's friends to the movies tonight. We are going to see Up. It looks really cute. Popcorn and soda for dinner; it'll be great. John and John are on their way home from West Virginia; doesn't sound like they had a great time, but they took good care of John's mom. Did I say this already? She had eye surgery on Thursday. She is doing well. Doesn't get to drive for a while. They did get to have cake to celebrate the May birthdays. John's is May 19 and his mom's is May 25. We will be anxious to have our Johns home, but if they think we did any chores while they were gone......we did the minimum standards for household cleaning, but mostly we just had fun. Watching Scooby Doo, going on walks and bike rides. Emily gave me a notebook and she wants to me to write letters to her in it "everyday". She wants to be like a journal from me to her. I am going to try so hard to be a good mom and write something to her once a week. Only 10 more days of school. Holy Cow!!! I cannot wait. Really, guys.....I cannot wait.

1 comment:

Carol said...

that's cute she gave you a journal. i actually do something like that with my kids, but we write back and forth to each other. It's really cute and sometimes they admit things they haven't said outloud.