Sunday, April 15, 2007

JOHN"S BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday to John
Happy Birthday to John....

What a day! We went out to eat at Cracker Barrell. We had cake. John got lots of presents. The BIG gift was a rifle. John, dad, and Ethan have big hunting plans for the fall. He also got a case to carry the gun in. I prefer it in the case, if you ask me. The other big item he got was lights for his gator. A VERY, VERY happy birthday.




That's John with his new gun in his new gun case. And that is my quilt in the background. I draped it over the couch to examine it and make sure I was quilting it right, but it made a great backdrop for John and his gun. I pieced it last summer. Hopefully, I will get it quilted by the end of this summer.


We didn't have enough wrapping paper for everything, so Ethan and Emily helped out by decorating the package from Nana Ann and Grandpa Bill. They are very proud of their artwork. Ethan's turning into a hippy. It's time for a haircut, boy!


















Monday is the last day of Spring Break here. They got an extra day because winter wasn't that bad here. So, we will get haircuts and do laundry tomorrow. Yeehaw! Let's send Spring Break out in style. It's too wet and cold to do anything else, anyway.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Nice quilt! Nice gun....yikes!
We sure live in different worlds that's for sure. Your "lot" cracks me up. I'll have to put up some pictures of our "lot". You'll laugh at the conditions we live in here. I would much rather have your lot. Fabulous.

Unknown said...

Kathy

Great job on the blog. I am enjoying the running commentary about the latest happenings. The homestead is coming along nicely.