Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where have the years gone????

Today is Emily's 11th birthday. Can't believe it! She has several nicknames, which I swore I would never do because mine was so horrible. She goes by Emily, Emilytha (sounds like Emileetha), when she's in trouble it's Emilytha Gayle, she also goes by Smelly Gayle (not because she smells bad), one of my favorites is Toots (sounds like Tootsie Roll without the ie Roll part) and Petunia. I think that's all of them. There is only one she REALLY doesn't like and I think you can probably figure out which one that is.
So, back to the birthday part--It feels like we've had her forever, it feels like she just got here. Due on the first day of Spring. She could have been born on St. Patrick's Day or the first day of spring. Either one would have been lovely. Nope, she wouldn't have it. Had to have her own day. I remember bringing her home from the hospital. The boys wanted her to sleep in their room so bad. Now I think they would like it if we sent her to boarding school. Not always. She is lovely. Always singing or dancing or both. Loves life. Loves to play outside. Very funny! Being her mom is one the best things about me. I love her so much! Happy Birthday Toots!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

seriously!! where has the time gone??? I love that we had our baby girls together. Seems like yesterday you were rolling around looking like you were 12 months pregnant ;)

(dang I'm on one tonight hu!)

Happy Birthday miss Emily.